P.o.Box: 297, Abu Dhabi, the United Arab Emirates
2011 SJD: Doctor of Juridical Science - the University of Kansas, USA Dissertation with Distinction
2007 LLM: Master of laws- Valparaiso University, Indiana, USA.
2004 LLB: Bachelor in Sharia and Law- UAE University, Al-Ain, UAE. Graduated with honor
LEGAL AND ACADEMIC EXPERIENCE:
• Associate Professor of Commercial Law, The UAE University - Faculty of Law, Private Law Department
August 18,2014 – Now & July 14, 2011- August 20, 2013
PREVIOUS ACADEMIC POST:
• Teaching Assistant, The UAE University - Faculty of Law, Private Law Department- Business law and Commercial Law(International Trade Law)
October 3, 2004 - July 13, 2011
• Principles of Commercial Law (Course in English & Arabic).
• Business Law (Course in English).
• Company Law (Course in Arabic).
• Legal Aspects of Electronic Commerce (Course in English).
• Commercial Papers & Banking Operations (Course in Arabic).
• International Trade Law.
• World Trade Organization, especially on developing countries, China and the UAE.
• Electronic Commerce.
• Outer Space law.
• Company Law.
• UAE’s Commercial and Business Law.
• Chairman: UAEU Happiness and Positivity Team (2016- now)
• Chairman: School of Law Scientific research and Graduate Studies Committee (2017- now)
• Member: UAEU Happiness and Positivity Council (2016-now)
• Member: UAEU Academic Council (2014-Now)
• Member: School of Law Council – Representative of Assistant Professors (2012- 2013) (2017-now)
• Member: the cooperative committee with consultative and law firms (2011- 2013)
• Member: scientific research committee, (2011- 2013)
• Member: Schedules and Exams Committee (2011- 2013)
• Member: Sport Committee (2011- 2013)
• Member: Students affairs Committee (2011- 2013
• Member: Libraries and Educational Books Committee (2012- 2013)
• Member: School of Law Outputs Committee (2012- 2013)
• Member: Teaching Assistants affairs Committee (2012- 2013)
• Member: Committee of setting a doctoral program at the UAEU- Faculty of Law (2011)
• Legal Aspects of Electronic Commerce in the UAE Legal System (August 2012) published by the United Arab Emirates University Publications (copyrights # (240-2013م).)
• WTO Treatment of Electronic Commerce, Developing Countries, and the United Arab Emirates. March 2011- SJD Dissertation, Dissertation with Distinction- (Copyrighted of 2011: registration # TXu 1-751-836 -limited publication).
• Translated to Arabic (copyrights # . ((60-2014م) published in 2016 through Dar AlNahda AlArabiya, Cairo, Egypt.
• Bali Package: an analytical study of the decisions of the WTO Ninth Ministerial Conference, under publication at the Legal Journal at Bahrain University.
• The Legal Nature of the Professional Soccer Clubs in the United Arab Emirates, under publication at the Sharia and Law Legal Journal at faculty of Law, the United Arab Emirates.
• Commercialization of outer space via Private Sector under United Nations Principles and Treaties, published at the Security and Law legal Journal, Dubai Police Academy, issue No 2 the 23th year, July 2015
• the United Arab Emirates and the International Obligations in the Exploration of Outer Space under United Nations Treaties, published at the Shariah and Law Journal, at the United Arab Emirates University, issue No. 64, October 2015.
• Women's membership on the boards of commercial companies in the United Arab Emirates: A Comparative study of the legal and practical realities of developed countries, published at the Legal Journal Spirit of Laws at Tanta University, Issue No. 67 July 2014.
• Regulations of Electronic Commerce and its Impacts on Developing Countries and the United Arab Emirates – a Summary of a Dissertation titled “WTO Treatment of Electronic Commerce, Developing Countries and the United Arab Emirates – Dissertation with Distinction”, published at the University of Jordan in 2012.
• Electronic Commerce Taxation: Should Electronic Commerce be Taxed? Published in a book titled: Electronic Commerce Legal System. Published also at the Social Science Research Network. ID# 2278582. (Copyrights # (265- 2013م))
(Copyrights # (265- 2013م))
• Where does WTO Stand in the Global Electronic Recession? Published at the Social Science Research Network. ID# 2267114. (Copyrights # (264- 2013م))
(Copyrights # (264- 2013م))
• Story of the United States’ Laws of Corporations: Historical Perspective. Published at the Social Science Research Network. ID# 2267524. (Copyrights # (263- 2013م))
(Copyrights # (263- 2013م))
• Active Lawyer at the UAE Federal Courts: First and Second Degrees Courts. Since 2012.
• Active Lawyer at the Abu Dhabi Local Courts: First and Second Degrees Courts. Since 2013.
• Active Lawyer at the Dubai Local Courts: First and Second Degrees Courts. Since 2013.
• Active Arbitrator at Dubai International Arbitration Center. Since 2015.
October 4-9, 2015 Vienna, Austria
International Bar Association annual conference, Financial Service sections, Corporate Law sections, International Sales, Franchising and Product Law section, Free trade section.
April 20, 2015 Alain, UAE
Participated as a speaker at a seminar titled “Developments of Commerce” on electronic commerce via Social Media, Organized by Department of Mass Communication, Humanities and social Science.
March 19-20, 2015 London, United Kingdom
Participated at the 2nd Annual Corporate Governance Conference Recent Trends and Developments.
December 14, 2014 Dubai, UAE
Participated at the Arab Strategy Forum. Exploring the future of the world and the region in 2015 based on economic and political perspectives.
November 17-20, 2014 Beijing- China
Participated at the UN Conference on the space law titled: “the Role of National Space Legislation in Strengthen the Rule of Law”
November 11, 2014 Al Ain, UAE
Participated and chaired a session at the UAE University- school of Law seminar titled “the protection of privacy rights and the challenges at the virtual world”
May 20-21, 2013 Al Ain, UAE
Participated and chaired a session at the UAE University- school of Law the 21st Annual International Scientific Conference on Energy between Law and Economics. The conference sponsored by UAEU-school of Law, and Abu Dhabi Water and Electricity Authority. The session titled: Settlement of Disputes in the Field of Energy.
January 5, 2013 Sharjah, UAE
participated as a speaker at the seminar titled “Electronic Commerce in the Emirates: Opportunities and Challenges” organized by the Gulf Studies Center in Dar Alkhaleej to the press, printing and publishing, Sharjah , UAE, January 5, 2013.
October 10-11, 2012 Amman, Jordan
Participated by presenting a paper titled “Regulations of Electronic Commerce and its Impacts on Developing Countries and the United Arab Emirates – a Summary of a Dissertation titled “WTO Treatment of Electronic Commerce, Developing Countries and the United Arab Emirates – Dissertation with Distinction”, at the 4th Conference on University Research Theses and Dissertations.
April 23-25, 2012 Dubai, UAE
Participated and chaired a session at the UAE University- school of Law the 20th Annual International Scientific Conference on Civil Aviation Laws under the National Legislations and the International Conventions. The conference sponsored by UAEU-school of Law, Dubai Courts and the Dubai Civil Aviation Authority.
October 4-9, 2009 Madrid, Spain
International Bar Association annual conference, Antitrust and Trade Law sections, Financial Service sections, Corporate Law sections, International Sales, Franchising and Product Law section, Arab regional Forum and young Lawyer
March 11, 2009 Lawrence, Kansas, USA
Conference on the International Trade: "Effects of Global Trading on the World Economy". Ft. Leavenworth International Officer Program, the University of Kansas.
February 6, 2009 Lawrence, Kansas, USA
A Human Rights Symposium: " National Security and Individual Liberty: Whose Rights at What Cost? The University of Kansas.
28-30 April 2008 Abu Dhabi, UAE
Conference on the International Commercial Arbitration: "the most important alternatives for commercial disputes resolutions" College of Law- UAE University and Emirates Center for strategic Studies and Research
February 22, 2005 Washington D.C., USA
The American University Conference: "Trade as Guarantor of Peace, Liberty and Security."
TRAINING AND WORKSHOPS
December 5-8, 2016 Dubai- UAE
Governments and Happiness- Chief Happiness and Positivity Program. Organized by What Works Wellbeing- United Kingdom
November 7-11, 2016 Berkeley- California- USA
Leading Happy People- Chief Happiness and Positivity Program, Organized by University of California Berkeley- United States of America
September 25-28, 2016 Dubai- UAE
Mindfulness Module- Chief Happiness and Positivity Officers Program. Organized by Oxford University
September 4-8, 2016 Dubai- UAE
The Science of Happiness and Positivity- Chief Happiness and Positivity Officers Program. Organized by University of California Berkeley
February 26- June 26 2014 Abu Dhabi- UAE
Four months intensive lawyers training program, organized by Abu Dhabi Judicial Departments
June 14- July 5 2008 London- United Kingdom
Summer course on the European Computer and Communications Law, summer course organized by University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law at the Queen Mary University.
June 12- August 4, 2006 Valparaiso University. Indiana, USA
Eight-week academic preparation program in English for Law including 23 hours per week of intensive training
February 20- March 4, 2005 Washington D.C., Lawrence- Kansas, USA
Consultative tour to the United States law schools within the Development Program of Commercial Law organized by the US Department of Commerce. The program consisted of visits to a number of American courts like the US Tax Court, and DC Superior Court, meetings with several judges and consultants there, visits to many lawyer's offices such as White and Case, and Sidley Austin Brown and Wood, and attending academic lectures and training courses at George Washington University, the American University in Washington DC and the University of Kansas
2015-2016 supervising and coaching five of the UAE University- School of Law students for the third annual Shaikh Maktoum Bin Mohamed Al Maktoum Moot, Dubai-UAE. During the preparation for the competition that took four months of intensive trainings and lectures.
2012-2013 supervising and coaching five of the UAE University- School of Law students for the twentieth annual Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot, during the preparation for the competition that took seven months of intensive trainings and lectures.
2012-2013 supervising and coaching five of the UAE University – school of Law students for the Middle East Regional Rounds of the Monroe E. Price Media Law Moot Court Competition,Doha, Qatar, February 19- 21, 2013. The competition globally known as Oxford Moot Court Competition, organized by Oxford University, Qatar University and the Annenberg school of communication- University of Pennsylvania. The UAE University school of Law Term came in the third place of the Completion.
2011- 2012 supervising and coaching four of the UAE University- School of Law students for the nineteenth annual Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot, Vienna, Austria, March 30- April 5, 2012. The preparation for the competition included a seven months of intensive trainings and lectures
June 14- July 2008 supervising two of the UAE University's students at the summer course on the European Computer and Communications Law, summer course organized by University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law in Queen Mary University, London- United Kingdom.
2005 honor award of His Highness Sheikh Khalifa Bin Zayed AlNahyan, the Presidents of the United Arab Emirates for undergraduate students with honor.
2011 Dissertation with Distinction, the University of Kansas, Lawrence , Kansas, United States of America. The first student at the history of the University of Kansas: school of Law to earn the title “Dissertation with Distinction.”
2015 honor award of Excellence in Teaching at the UAEU-School of Law.
• Member, International Bar Association 2009-Now; Member of Trade and customs Law Committee (Antitrust and trade Law Legal Practice Division).
• Member, American Bar Association Since 2009; Member of International Law section and Business Law section.
• Member, Program of excelled students, UAE University 2000-2004.
• Native Speaker of Arabic.
• Complete fluency in Modern Standard Arabic.
• Complete fluency in English, Both Spoken and written.
• Comprehensive knowledge of research skills.
• Computer skills: Word Processing, PowerPoint.
• Advance and High Intermediate level:
January 14 to May 19, 2006
INTERLINK- Valparaiso University. Indiana, USA.
• Low Intermediate and High Intermediate:
May 26 to December 16, 2005
Georgetown University, Washington D.C., USA.
Sports: Swimming, Soccer, Bowling and Billiards.
Travel: Long stays in the United States of America, England and visits to Austria, Bahrain, Canada, China, Germany, Ireland, Scotland, Spain, Egypt, Lebanon, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Oman and Jordan.
References: Available upon request